With the announcement of new Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) credentials, many developers are working on getting current or upgrading their certifications. We admire your enthusiasm around developer certifications and want to help you succeed.
One of the most important questions you’ve asked is around the exam retirement dates for Visual Studio 2010 exams. We have heard you and re-evaluated the schedule. The following Visual Studio 2010 exams that were previously slated to retire on July 31, 2013 will now remain available for all candidates until further notice. No new retirement date has been set. We will announce it when there is an update so you have plenty of time to complete your current VS2010 certification path.
- 70-511: TS: Windows Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-513: TS: Windows Communication Foundation Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-515: TS: Web Applications Development with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-516: TS: Accessing Data with Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-518: Pro: Designing and Developing Windows Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- 70-519: Pro: Designing and Developing Web Applications Using Microsoft .NET Framework 4
We are in the process of updating these exam detail pages on our website, but wanted to post this clarification here now so you can confidently schedule and prepare for your next VS2010 exam.
Ready to move forward to Visual Studio 2012 certifications? See the MCSD page on our website for more information.
Questions? Please let us know in a comment below. Thanks!